• Day 026: Thursday January 26th


19:40 Today… The German guy was feeling much better, the station cooks returned and I got a life off one of the park guards to Santa Teresa (“Malpais”).  I got to have a good look around, stocked up on some more goodies and walked down to the beach with the German guy.  
Ready For Sunset (D.Philpot)


Surfers In The Sunset (D.Philpot)

Cetacean Nation (D.Philpot)

We eventually decided on getting a taxi back, with the split fair it was certainly worth it and basically cost nothing.  When we got back to the station there was another huge Cane Toad, they are starting to get pretty common all of a sudden and it will always appear weird to me that a single frog can ‘hop’ in bounds of around half a meter or so… quite surreal.
What We Saw Of The Fridge (D.Philpot)

Fridge Security System Mark 2 (D.Philpot)

Trails Of The Thief (D.Philpot)
We cleared up the mess in the fridge left by the Racoons and my friend gave some watermelon to a Ctenosaur leading to this Video (#50). On a side note the first run of the inventory is basically complete.
Ctenosaur Close-Up (D.Philpot)

Hungry Ctenosaur? (D.Philpot)

Tucking Into The Racoons Leftover Watermelon (D.Philpot)
21:40 For once…. Nothing has happened tonight which makes a rather odd change to the normal interactions with nature that seem to occur on a daily basis.  The one thing I can note is that tonight there is an abundance of Mosquitos about, not sure if you would count this as interesting but it’s quite random as there hasn’t been any rain yet today is apparently the right time for them to swarm here at the lodge.

I am also hoping my knot skills are adequate and the fridge remains safe over the course of the night.

I am also looking forward to the prospect of meeting the "other half" (or media naranja - half orange, in Spanish) of DL, another great scientist that I will refer to as ML, who I intend to learn all I can from all he has to offer and share.
An Unusual Bug (D.Philpot)

An Unusual Treat (D.Philpot)