• Day 007: Saturday January 7th


08:00 After the scorpion encounter last night I became a little particular about not sleeping with a mosquito net but regardless I got a great night’s sleep.  Breakfast today consisted of fried plantain, eggs and pineapple – which is amazing and easily one of my new favourite breakfasts. There were seconds and thirds available with the only limits being what was available in the pantry and the size of your stomach. I also had my first coffee, and adding milk was a poor choice as I soon discovered... 
Breakfast Of Champions (D.Philpot)

I threw some pineapple pieces out to 7 Coati's which ran about and squeaked during their movements.  I really am infatuated by these little guys, listen for yourselves http://www.youtube.com/CoatiFrenzy
A Regular Sight - Coconut Con Hermit Crabs (D.Philpot)
We are just about to go snorkelling but have just seen a Snake hiding out in one of the wooden window shutters....
First Snake Friend Scaling The Wall (D.Philpot)


Snake Getting Cosy (D.Philpot)

The Snakes Head (D.Philpot)

And so we decided to have lunch first before going out, at which point a Coati ran up to our table and stole one of our sandwiches which was hilarious!

This Little Guy Also Joined For Lunch (D.Philpot)
21:15 The snorkel was, as always, great fun and was much hotter today too.  I saw a huge Triggerfish almost a metre in length, a Scorpionfish, some Pufferfish and also we decided where a good place to put a temperature and light data logger in open ocean would be. 

DL took me tidepooling once again, saw many more Sea Hares and felt the residual bubble shell inside.  DL then showed me how to take weather readings for the station including wind, rain, temperature, humidity and cloud cover, before she told me how to do my laundry and how to cook up some delicious fried chicken.  Once my stomach was very happy we went through the medical supplies and I was taught how to deal with many types of tropical injuries and emergencies including tsunami warnings.  I still do not have internet here in the park, but to be honest I know I can easily live without though I really should contact the family...
Sky Tonight By My Favourite Tree (D.Philpot)