• Day 046: Wednesday February 15th

Another Snorkelling Shot (D.Philpot)

21:40 Today involved a lot more promotional kind of work which was very new to me but interesting and I learnt a lot.  I therefore got to go on a great hike, take many cheesy but great photographs.  I saw a few Adult Basilisk (Jesus Christ) Lizards and then we had an interview session in the middle of the jungle in a river basin.

The snorkelling today was very different, lots of bubbles, loads of Azure Parrotfish schooling, a Chancho Surgeonfish, an Olive Ridley Sea Turtle and a moray.  I thought it would be a great idea to hand the professional photographer my underwater camera to gain some good snaps, though it turned out that out of the 50 odd photos shot all 50 odd came out blurry so I learnt you do get used to your own cameras.

The photographer did get some amazing photographs though:
The Art Of Flight (S.Hight)
Always Coca Cola (S.Hight)
Swooping Into The Lodge (S.Hight)
Midflight (S.Hight)
I Am The Bat (S.Hight)
Aerodynamics (S.Hight)
On Top Of The World (S.Hight)

Osa Peninsula and Corcovado trip is now tomorrow! Cannot wait!!!

Just discovered that some ants have got into and chewed out the wood inside my suitcase… not good! These are of course new cases I brought for this trip, and over the past couple of nights I had thought to myself “With each evening I keep seeing more ants around this area of my room” – lesson learnt!