• Day 043: Sunday February 12th


07:30 On the agenda today is a walk to the Cabo Blanco ridge, or higher upland anyway, a good shower, sorting out the ‘Office Supplies’ box for inventory and learning some more Spanish.

23:30 So I completed most of those plans it seems, only thing is I took an extra-long hike and voted against learning some Spanish today, putting that on hold until I return from the Corcovado mission, although the Swedish guy and lady taught me some more vocabulary.

I am so excited for the Osa Peninsula trip that I actually messed up this journal for the first time by making these few days of entries a few days in advanced by mistake though doesn’t matter now.

The Swedish guy, lady, local fireman (holiday? park visit) and the one cook left pretty much together today leaving me alone once again :-)

I had some great interactions with a Coati, a couple of Racoons fighting whilst digging for crabs in a hole (see video) and the return of Arnold the Armadillo – that’s right, he has a name now seeming as he ignores my warnings and is a somewhat regular visitor to the kitchen area. I also managed to get a good photo of a Magpie-Jay:
The Blue Magpie-Jay (D.Philpot)
On the ridge walk I got some decent spider photos, climbed up some large dry waterfalls along some random stream beds in the middle of nowhere (adventurous or stupid?) but not much else.
Cactus (D.Philpot)


That Leaning Stick Bottom-Right Is ~6 Ft, I Climbed This Whole Waterfall With A Machete In My Mouth (D.Philpot)

Spider On My Walking Stick (D.Philpot)

Called home today too, where apparently my pet rats are missing me a lot and the news of English “snow” seems really surreal at this moment.
Grackle In The Yard (D.Philpot)

The Sun Is Falling (D.Philpot)

Standing In Tonight's Sunset (D.Philpot)