• Day 041: Friday February 10th


11:07 This morning I feel a lot like the sleepy turtle from last night.  I walked out at low tide to check the data loggers and they were all in place = success!  It was interesting to simply walk right out onto the rocks fronting the whole of the Pacific Ocean rather than get out and snorkel in necessary areas.
Coati Posing By The Bins (D.Philpot)

Cute Caterpillar (D.Philpot)
I am currently sitting eating muesli with pomegranates waiting for DL to ring and confirm flights for the Peninsula de Osa and Corcovado!

20:37 So it turns out that was are heading to Osa earlier than originally planned.  Today I checked out the tent we had borrowed from the L’s and managed to pitch it by myself with minimal difficulty.  Not only that but it is in great quality, however apparently I still struggle with putting tents away into their tiny bags…

Looking For Adventure (D.Philpot)
I performed a bit of site maintenance by waxing the heavy kitchen wooden drawers which used to squeak incredibly loudly and then continued by cleaning and sorting the kitchen before giving my hair a bit of a trim.

A nice but funny Swedish guy arrived from Cabuya with a lady this afternoon and cooked a great meal which continued to broaden my culinary skills.  A curious (brave?) Nine-Banded Armadillo again almost came into the kitchen which was interesting, they sometimes scratch at the back door, wander on past or wander on into the kitchen. He can be viewed on this video (#62).
Pure Life (D.Philpot)