• Day 037: Monday February 6th


09:30 This morning I cleaned the lab after saying goodbye to the OTS group.  I returned to the El Comedor after watching a bunch of Coatis fighting in a tree.  Now I am about to learn more Spanish and possibly get some help from the cooks which will be interesting and funny I feel.

22:30 Learning Spanish never did get very far though as I managed to found a good chance to show all the staff my photos from home/England and I think they found it pretty exciting, interesting and funny.  ML and I had some more bonding time followed shortly by a walk to scope out the distributions of both Siphonaria and Planaxid molluscs within the tidepool area.

I then met a couple of cool Canadian kids who also were out here with Lattitude Global Volunteering and were accompanied by the return of DL.  I actually just spent most the evening relaxing with them and sharing our various experiences with one another e.g. skiing, snowboarding and other travels.  We walked out into the intertidal for a bit where we spotted an odd looking young pufferfish:
Blubby Puffer (D.Philpot)
Another highlight was easily the surprise bacon DL had brought along for us, the reason being I had mentioned once that in a previous experience in the tropics the food was pretty staple and basic so my friends and I got cravings for such delights at the time.  We then cooked up some cheese toasties and had BLT’s on the beach with the sunset, how better to spend an evening?