February Month Summary


Is Costa Rica still incredible and am I still enthusiastic and over the moon about being here – yes!

This month has actually gone a bit faster though, but one week was taken up of course by Corcovado, which I consider myself even luckier for taking the opportunity to see it.

My Spanish is significantly improving where I can feel myself moving up to the next levels of the language, though it is far slower than I would like as it is hard to find a good free moment to just sit and have a mass Spanish session.

I am still blown away by species sightings, new and repeated, which include the recently added Kinkajou, huge Wolf Spiders, Harlequin Crabs, and the charismatic blue Common Morpho butterfly.

Every day is so different, and the more I talk to ‘the L’s’ the more I want to read into, being a scientist too.  I am currently so tempted to stay in Costa Rica longer…