• Day 084: Saturday March 24th



14:00 Was greeted this morning by 2 big American Oystercatchers in the lower tidepools whilst I waited coffee. After breakfast I collected a 'final' 320 Pochote seeds, totalling well over 1,000 now.  Then I; dismantled one of the park guards "wooden tent" (wood drying against a branch) and stored the wood, did laundry, saw an incredible moth-thing...
Diural Moth (D.Philpot)

...reattached 2 orchids to trees, placed a littering sign near the beach, tidied up the yard ("patio") area and then at lunch the cook made some incredible chips.

I spotted an interesting "false Butterfly" and got a shot of a Sandpiper:

One Butterfly Or Two? (D.Philpot)
Speedy Sandpiper (D.Philpot)
22:30 Sat in the lab, pleased all my efforts are nearly paying off with sorting out/organising my stuff and the lab itself.  I saw an Agouti, chewing on a coconut, and so I took the moment to get some snaps as it tried carrying the oversized coconut away which was entertaining... See Video 105.
 
Agouti Weightlifting (D.Philpot)

I saw baby Harlequin crabs, a spider on my bed, and before bed I noticed there was a lot of mosquitoes out and about.