• Day 070: Saturday March 10th


23:30 In the morning I witnessed three White-Tailed Deer drinking from lower down in the tidepools to get a supply of salt into their diet. I checked once again for the ‘Open Ocean’ data logger but can officially say that it has gone.

I did some reading then the cooks returned before 2 of us went up to wait for another food delivery in the car park area (it is really not a car park) and whilst waiting I decided to move the “No Entry” sign to make it more obvious to tourists that there was no access by any route.  Some tourists said “we thought it was just for the path on the left” as both signs were kind of towards that path and not the road type thing leading down to the shore, so I think I have done some justice for the park.

I relaxed, studied Spanish, read some more, sorted my room and photos properly which is pretty much the summary for today.  There is a dead rat smell by the labs which is not too pleasant.