• Day 114: Monday April 23rd



21:15 Today I have felt exhausted most the day as my neck became redder and redder! So much so I had to take a nap in the afternoon and applied 'Aloe Vera' after-sun all day.

I am still really happy to have found my camera case and accessories, although that said I have spent quite some time this morning taking my camera apart… that's right it is 'utterly toast' - as DL put it.  However, I am sticking to the fact that in my whole life I've rarely broken or lost anything, and luckily I can replace the camera for fairly cheap - god bless eBay. I had never taken apart a camera before so it was interesting to work my way around each layer of 'security' embedded inside including odd shaped and hidden screws, although I would have been better off smashing it with a rock before asking ML to teach me about the inside of my camera.

I rang home this afternoon, then DL and I collected Pochote tree seeds which float down in a ball of fluff to start up an experiment tomorrow, along with the work with the data loggers.  The Canadian girl had left me a really sweet gift to remember our time together by, a pack of Canadian coated playing cards along with a postcard.

This evening DL taught me statistics in an enjoyable way again, this time with a very impressive view in front of us and then I saw a Cane Toad chase a Harlequin Crab…