• Day 113: Sunday April 22nd



13:45 Today I woke late for breakfast (07:45) and everyone was done.  ML became ill so we had the doctor visit the park.  I went out with a group of people researching molluscs and ran between 6 different groups taking GPS coordinates of their samples.



Soon I was hit by a surprise silent wave which splashed my camera so I promptly gave it to DL to put in some rice, at which point I broke my sandals.  I was running about in the intertidal for 1-2 hours barefoot which (as any student who went to the area would know) is kind of crazy.  I then also managed to break a second pair of footwear so ended up like feeling if I touch anything I might break it today, considering I've only ever broken or lost about 10 items in my lifetime. 

Victim To My Seed Experiment (D.Philpot)

Camera Dissection (D.Philpot)
On the plus side I found my camera case and accessories, under the top bunk mattress, which I thought I had lost.



I was impressed by the mollusc peoples findings, including some gorgeous tiny Nudibranch sea slugs which I have hoped to get to see at some point in my life - some looking like fire in shape/colour.  I then had another statistics session with DL and saw a Scorpion at the lab again.