• Day 111: Friday April 20th


After a fairly average breakfast and nice hot showers we headed into the town after we checked out.

We had a last meal with one of the Canadian girls as she sadly had to go her own way.

The three of us left hung out in the park/square area with Pigeons before slowly walking along paseo colon towards the Coca Cola bus station.  I got a wrap sandwich deal and found out I wasn't going to be able to get my machete back or go to the InBio Museo Insecto today either.

A woman at the Coca Cola bus station flirted with the other guy in our group, and told me I had beautiful eyes…… which was a little creepy.  There was also a crazy guy preaching, then I got worried as our bus pulled up but the Canadian girl was nowhere to be seen - but after running about there she was stood at the bus.

Nothing changed on the journey to the Nicoya Peninsula apart from there were no cocktails on the ferry crossing anymore which was a little sad news, and there was a ridiculous amount of rain near San Jose before the ferry crossing.  At Cobano I had some sad, possibly last, goodbyes with my new Canadian friends.

In the park entrance, now getting dark, I saw a "Giant Rainforest Millepede," and found a Common Pauraque bird nesting on the ground that I first thought it was injured.   
Nesting Pauraque (D.Philpot)


Pauraque Close-Up (D.Philpot)

A Giant Rainforest Millepede (D.Philpot)

I also took a nature poo, saw Minaet vehicles parked up which had me a little concerned, and then slept during some laundry.