• Day 104: Friday April 13th


20:00 After a tired start, the previous active days and late nights have caught up on me, I… again… had to… unfortunately… go snorkelling, after some reading.  I finally learnt the periods of earth's history: Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous or… "Old Smelly Dogs Catch Pork Treats Just Correctly."

Snorkelling I saw the Pipefish yet again, got many pictures of them and other fish this time around including a very cool Octopus that positioned himself just lovely on a rock.  Before that here's a video of a Barberfish closeup - Video 123. Now here we welcome Mr Octopus: Video
Peeping Octopus (D.Philpot)

Mr Octopus Out In The Open (D.Philpot)
 Did I also mention I got my first decent photo of a Porcupinefish? As well as a good Chub and Panama Graysby photos? Well here you are:
Awesome Porcupinefish (D.Philpot)

Chub (D.Philpot)

Finally A Panama Graysby Shot (D.Philpot)
I also got some video footage of some Chub and Dog Snappers in Video 125.

This morning DL and I also sorted the lab inventory to decide what needs to be ordered in for the length CSU program starting in summer, where I will be a teaching assistant. I moved the red tide victims from Formalin to water, and tomorrow they will be preserved for good in Ethanol.

Tomorrow, out of the blue, it is time for me to leave for San Jose… and Nicaragua! Despite not having time to think about it much I am really looking forward to what will be a relaxing few days.  It will be nice to hang out with these Canadian kids, who have spent the majority of their time over in Cabuya coordinating volunteers, and should prove an interesting fun visa trip.  I have not long packed, as well as finished off some laundry, back to the lab for me soon!