• Day 100: Monday April 9th


22:20 This morning after breakfast I walked down the beach, finding nothing apart from a few Turkey Vultures, before spending the rest of the morning sweeping and raking the paths - that ended up looking very nice.  I think that I have gained some pretty decent path management/safety skills now.

Perched Turkey Vultures (D.Philpot)
After being rewarded with lemonade, the only thing I need for fuel and far better than easter eggs, I finished raking the remainder of the path and took the weather before DL arrived with the Organisation of Tropical Studies (OTS) group.

Nothing too much happened, the orientation was conducted rather randomly and disjointed this time around with different people being in different places which only taught me how logistically things may not go as planned or efficiently.  Following the briefing I had a look up the 'lower stream' with DL and one of the older students who has previously studied in the capital of San Jose.  We had varied and interesting talks covering tourists, park management and history.  On the return walk back I found a nice Barethroated Tiger Heron feather which appears to have tiger stripes along it.
Dried Up Lower Stream Pool (D.Philpot)
Monkeys were officially added to my suspect list for the dissapearence of my snorkelling mesh bag as we saw random objects in the forest, and I almost stepped on one of the yellow Cane Toads.

This evening there has been a lot of various beetles about in the night.  DL and I had another fire whilst having an enjoyable statistics lecture… doesn't sound truthful I know! And before we called it a night we went over the Red Tide Event I had witnessed, with DL providing me with more useful knowledge on the findings to conclude day 100 in Costa Rica.