• Day 090: Friday March 30th



18:00 Today I got a lie-in, then after sorting my room I felt bad/hot so I rested with the fan on and door open and the sadness was non-existent as if it never occurred to me - I guess having someone around to share such life experiences is preferred.  A Ctenosaur wandered past my open door, which was extremely random (and the only ever one to set foot inside the dining hall).

At about 11:30 I headed to the lab where a young White-Tailed Deer got spooked at very close range, maybe 2 metres away from me, and contrastingly a Ctenosaur made me jump at the lab.  I tactfully set out the bottle predator traps to capture fish in the tidepools.  Then after the somewhat random lunch (the regular male park guard cooked which was new) I rested some more to avoid becoming ill further down the line. 

Around 16:00 I returned to the lab (boring it sounds I know), saw a pretty, large, red wasp and grabbed my mesh bag ready for fieldwork.  Low tide was at 14:00 so I had to be quick, and on my way down I saw a Forest Falcon on the trail again.

Sure enough the tide was already high, even though high-tide was at 20:00 ish.  I ran about and collected all the bottles apart from one, which was lost to the ocean.  I then had to run to collect sea-water, prepare aquariums and transfer the fish.  I got a dead crab, one live crab, 9 Clingfish (5 in one bottle) and 3 red-eye "blennies."  The park guard intentionally pretended to be a ghost tonight.  Fish preservation day tomorrow.

Check out my "Why Not To Snorkel At High Tide" Video.