• Day 141: Sunday May 20th


21:00 I had an early start today with a snorkel session that had the sole purpose for me to get a photo of the illusive Rainbow Chub however, after swimming in circles for ages hoping he would appear to my side as he did previously, he did not appear to be around the spot he was yesterday. I did however have a refreshing and very cold salty wash.  When I got out I noticed there is a new river forming just next to where the San Miguel stream meets the sand dune - and I noted that the rivers looked higher than normal due to all the storm water washing down.  I was informed that I was to be soon picked up for the 'staff vacation' to Monte Verde.
Green & Yellow Bug (D.Philpot)

A Strange Lifeform? (D.Philpot)

Stream Leaking Through To Lagoon (D.Philpot)
I said goodbye to the carpenter group (one of the park guards was jealous I got a hug from this Russian girl), then we joined El Tigre and the three of us drove around to the other (East) side of the park.  I met the baby Opossums which were very cute - we fed them banana injected with milk!

Opossum Video 1 - ok this is only 1sec so largely ignore this!

Opossum Video 2
Enter Baby Opossums (D.Philpot)

Feeding Opossum (D.Philpot)

Opossums Asking For More (D.Philpot)

Me With An Opossum (D.Philpot)
Then I headed to the houses of Caballo, the shorter 'boss' cook (who had promised to kill me for looking after the dog), Caballos daughters place, and also Caballitas house.  All their houses were lovely and each very different, Caballos was green (my favourite colour) and wooden - so I liked that, the bossy one had a white and very clean house, the daughters was like a dollhouse/den with lots of animals so I liked hers, and Caballitas place also had lots of animals - and I met her parents too, which was a little odd/awkward considering all the jokes that had been passed around about us, but all very nice houses… muy linda!

It was great to meet everyone outside of work, and it took up most the night. After I simply walked back to the station on this side and many many frogs were making a concert, as expressed by the phrase "Un concierto de ranas."