• Day 140: Saturday May 19th


10:30 This morning a park guard woke me up and asked if I wanted to go to the "laguna," a new place I had not yet been up in "la montanya" (the mountain) so of course I said yes. The walk up was a little steep but I liked that it was fairly unmanaged and off the path (see video 142 for the "entrance"/Forest!).  Once we arrived the lagoon was actually dry and some long lush green grass stood in a fairly large area where I was told there are some different Turtles to see.  We ate some of this odd but lovely fruit and then headed back as there was not a lot else to see apparently with the lake dried up. 
 
Interlinked Trees On Route To The Lagoon (D.Philpot)


The Fruit I Was Introduced To (D.Philpot)

Once we returned, and still on an empty stomach, I swam out to the tableland rock area of the lagoon to sort out the data logger there and upon heading in a saw a completely new fish - a Rainbow Chub! It was like the normal grey Chub but had a luminous bar under its eye and 3 luminous stripes around its body - but of course, I didn't have my camera to capture this very curious and approachable fish. The tide was high-ish around 8:45 but still manageable. My rubber fin strap (that goes around the back of your foot snorkelling) had broke and so swimming out against the currents was exhausting to say the least.

After someone mentioned how I have been adjusting I feel I should summarise that adjustment took around 2 days for me, then I felt adapted soon after and up to now I have had a constant feeling of euphoria. For some reason, and I have no idea why, I feel a little… hostile? at the moment.

Anyway, I took a nap and felt much better until I discovered there were Horseflies everywhere especially around the room where the park guards were playing PS3 apparently.