• Day 138: Thursday May 17th


08:00 Last night I mostly slept but with the snake potentially nearby it was a little scary. I discovered I got bitten a lot again last night on my feet and there was another storm also. I decided against going with the plumbers to "the mountain," who were here when I woke - maybe next time or with the ATV owner park guard or something - he had also made some Tamarindo drink but it was way too sugary for me.

18:30 So I took the weather, and decided to sort my hard drive/photos out. I formatted the master drive though it turns out that starting from fresh and copying over all my Costa Rica stuff again was only successful for a short while. Upon returning the ATV owner (I really need a better nickname) was trimming the path so I sat and read more of the coral reefs book after I had found a baby Gecko that had hard egg casing looking stuff coating its tail still. 
Baby Gecko With Egg On Tail (D.Philpot)

Scaled By My Watch (D.Philpot)

Swimming Through My Arm Hairs (D.Philpot)
The guard fixed the sink and taps, and after another lime-onade ice lolly the plumbers asked me why I didn't go, next time I said in truth. Then after lunch I significantly improved my Spanish before returning to the lab in the evening.

For the night I: had dinner (a mountain of ants had invaded the stove but luckily not the food), I decided that Ants and Snakes are not my favourite of animals, then I learnt some more Spanish - animals this time, and read as because of the tides I missed out on a late night snorkel.