• Day 136: Tuesday May 15th


07:45 Last night there was another second large storm, which meant I couldn't really sleep at all - imagine the type that was put into the first Jurassic Park movie... loud and intense. At around 21:30-ish it was really heavy so I stood out in the porch of my new temporary room (alas, still no snake…) under a roof where I took a few photos. There was a lot of lightening also so I thought I would take a look out to sea from the L's hut porch facing the lagoon whilst making a video.  However as I turned the corner I found a skinny white dog curled up in the corner clearly hungry, wet and scared to death - I recognised it was one of the two plumbers dogs that entered some distance behind them and sometimes didn’t leave.

I put him in the room next to mine, with a folded mattress against one of the walls, then found an old blanket, some black bags, some newspaper as well as some rice, soda crackers, a little cereal and water for him - at this point I think I had made another new friend.  I included all the pictures in the previous blog entry in case you didn't already see.

The rest of the night was quiet. I got little sleep, so thought of naming the dog "San Miguel" after the park or "Storm" as long as he was under my care.

A Happy Boy This Morning (D.Philpot)
At 6am he was yelping and whining so I used one of my belts as a collar and leash and took him for a walk down the beach. After returning he was quiet and I got a half-hour extra kip then I got up when he whined again to find Storm outside my door! He had jumped out the window somehow so I closed them leaving a gap for air to circulate then went for breakfast and he did it again… so now he sits with me… crazy dog!
A New White-Tipped Spider (D.Philpot)
In short I caught up with DL, took Storm to Elias and then the owner, cooked dinner, worked in the lab and then went to bed.   

Whilst chasing the dogs owner I got these photos worth sharing:
 
Always CocaCola - Even In The Middle Of Nowhere (D.Philpot)


Someone Has Sprang A Small Leak (D.Philpot)

Unfortunately I didn't get many of my plans done due to looking after my new four-legged friend, and I had no luck catching a Blue Morpho Butterfly today.  

Here are some photos of other species I did manage to capture today:
Mr Yellow Legs (D.Philpot)

Cute Butterfly (D.Philpot)

Cute Butterfly - Side (D.Philpot)


Does Not Look Wild (D.Philpot)

Another Friendly Butterfly (D.Philpot)

Wingbeating Buttefly (D.Philpot)

Love The Colours (D.Philpot)

Some Hairy Moth (D.Philpot)
Tiger Striped Moth (D.Philpot)
As I opened the door to my room for bed tonight I dropped my keys, and as I picked them up I spotted my first tree frog, a very cool guy, chilling on the hammock outside my room!
Sunset Tonight (D.Philpot)

Chilling In A Hammock (D.Philpot)

The Only Tree Frog I Saw (D.Philpot)