• Day 132: Friday May 11th



17:30 Spent a fair bit of time today looking out to sea wondering what people were doing over the other side of the Pacific in Australia, Indonesia, Papa New Guinea and Japan etc. pondering over other places I would like to see sometime. Around 16:00 a giant black cloud came over the station and I quickly snapped a few photos of a couple of American Oystercatchers.
Two American Oystercatchers (D.Philpot)
This morning I read up more on my common trees, exercised and learned some more Spanish.  I noticed also that the yard really is greener then when I had first arrived in the park and you could clearly see some hardy grass shoots poking through the ground.

Around midday I went for a swim and saw a baby Moray Eel under a rock, not sure what type it was though. I came out to see a Ctenosaur actually laying on top of the Social Flycatchers nest… and so those birds were really not happy and so chased it away.  Other reptiles were out and about sunning themselves.  I made some lemonade (lime) ice lollies which turned out delicious considering I had used sticks from trees, half-cut plastic bottles, lemons, water and sugar.

I had a really bad stomach ache for some reason, but pushed past it and caught some more Butterflies although I didn't really catch any new ones so I thought that when a cook (Caballo) returns I could go have a hunt around the park entrance.  So I can spare you on butterfly photos now it seems, though I did get photos of these guys instead:
A Big Moth (D.Philpot)

A Giant Mosquito Thingy (D.Philpot)
At sunset I let out a loud wolf cry, just because I can! Then around dinner I noticed at least two really different, large and interesting Beetles near the El Comedor.   

One looking similar to a Harlequin Beetle (seen in Corcovado)...

One Mean Looking Beetle (D.Philpot)


Beetles Not So Scary Side (D.Philpot)

and the other was luminous yellow and climbing the central yard Pochote tree - I think it was a Cockroach, what do you think?
Yellow Cockroach On The Run (D.Philpot)

Still no sign of the snake (Sid), just many many ants!