• Day 131: Thursday May 10th


20:30 Today I tanned whilst looking out for Butterflies (and tourists), and managed to get many more photos of Butterflies although a few got away… for now!
Butterfly With "False Butterfly" End (D.Philpot)

A Familiar Butterfly (D.Philpot)

How Bad Ass Is This Butterfly? (D.Philpot)

The Yard During Butterfly Netting (D.Philpot)

Fluffy Head (D.Philpot)

Moths Sit With Their Wings Flat (D.Philpot)

Over The Pinnacle (D.Philpot)

Small Butterfly (D.Philpot)

A Leaf, Wait... Butterfly (D.Philpot)
I also did some exercise and read more of Common Trees of Cabo Blanco.  I realised… (just now I was interrupted by a Cane Toad that hopped after and ate a bug right in front of my eyes) that my botanical vocabulary is very limited so before the end of this month, and my return to Monte Verde, I will construct a tree glossary for myself also. Whilst reinforcing my new knowledge on tropical tree identification.  I also saw another suspicious Balisk around the El Comedor lodge.

This evening I learned a lot of Spanish and aim to be finished with my various school books and resources soon. The Mora (Blackcurrent) ice-cream turned out ok, hopefully my lemonade ice lollies tomorrow will be a success and a hit.

That pretty much sums up the day, on this rare occasion I can’t think of anything else to write, though that may mean tomorrow will be interesting again. The only thing I can think to put here is… That I still have not seen my pal Sid, my friendly snake friend…