• Day 130: Wednesday May 9th



11:30 So last night was interesting. I was laying in bed listening to music until around 20:00 or so, when I noticed a "U-shape" thing up on the roof going around the point where two wooden beams meet.  So I wondered randomly "huh, what's that" and with my torch I saw that yes my snake friend had returned yet again!!!

I watched the snake go to slither down my wall then decide against it, then poke its head though the crossed wooden mesh and at this point I ran to grab the brooms. Upon a dashing return he had disappeared completely after only a few seconds… gulp! I searched all nearby rooms and all other wooden beams to the point I had literally covered every possibility of where a snake could go, yet I saw NOTHING! I have came up with the idea that he lives above the phone room, as it is the only room with a concrete ceiling inside, and nips across the wooden beam to my room and my door… So no photos of this guy this time either!

Meanwhile (obviously was not sleeping until I knew where the snake was) I took a stroll down the beach until another hour had passed and headed back to search again. I saw Racoons eating a banded wrasse and a Kinkajou feeding on young coconuts at some point I don't remember, but again it was too high up for a photo (they wander about cryptically in the canopy).

Still no snake I got some photos of Geckos and empty snake-less beams.  I waited until midnight (7am UK time), spoke to mum who named my snake friend "Sid," and then relocated myself to sleep in a more secure room.

Today after sleeping in a little I went snorkelling, read some more, learnt some Spanish and that's about it.  This is the only good photo I took today: 

The More You Stare The More Patterns Among The Blue You See (D.Philpot)