• Day 129: Tuesday May 8th


19:30 Snorkelling today went rather well, was a good decision as the data logger at the furthest point out or "sharktooth rock" had stopped recording due to the power being 'reset' from changing the battery, or cold, damage, stress etc.  I think it got significantly stressed seeming I found the logger under a heavy rock the other day (May 4th I think), however the data had saved fine, there was no external damage and I managed to re-launch it with no issues. The visibility was pants today though, but I saw a Chancho Surgeonfish juvenile close to the entry point of the lagoon - nothing else to note here.

Whilst I began reading Common Trees of Cabo Blanco yet again a Social Flycatcher was bugging a juvenile Ctenosaur today - it pecked him forcing him all the way out of a tree and whilst on the ground.

In the afternoon I ran around with the net to take advantage of the amount of Butterflies around at the moment. I caught the orange double fork-tailed one, and also the green diurnal moth that I first saw in Corcovado - I have seen a good few more of these recently. 
Another Strange Moth (D.Philpot)


Mantis Joins The Moth/Bug Party (D.Philpot)

Moth That Rolls Up/Pretends to Be Bird Poo (D.Philpot)

A) Just A Boring Moth Right? (D.Philpot)

B) Wrong - When Lightly Blown It Shows It's Bright Bum Off (D.Philpot)

Leave Butterfly Close-Up (D.Philpot)

Butterfly Symmetry (D.Philpot)

Accomplishing New Heights (D.Philpot)

Got My Hands On The Most Beautiful Moth - Seen Last In February (D.Philpot)

Beautiful Green Moths Face (D.Philpot)

Beautiful Green Moth - Full (D.Philpot)

I reckon I think I will be happy with my mini Butterfly project once I have documented the 'white one,' the infamous blue morpho, one that a student had found previously, a spotted yellow one with 2 red dots as well as any other interesting ones I can easily get a shot of before August.

Some Photos I took during and following a walk:
A Flower For You Flower Enthusiasts! (D.Philpot)

A Molting Reptile (D.Philpot)

A Cicada PRETENDING To Be Dead Haha (D.Philpot)

A Leafy Katydid (D.Philpot)

A Nice Gecko Shot For A Change (D.Philpot)
I had a meaty dinner tonight, it is also quite a buggy evening too so I'm going to listen to music then sleep leaving the Spanish for tomorrow.

You'd never guess what… my bestest friend, that curious snake, returned tonight for the third time!!! …