• Day 127: Sunday May 6th


All I have really done today is crack on with learning more Spanish by speaking with the two Costa Rican volunteers.

I sat in a hammock and a bird flew through my arm as I had my hand on my head. The two volunteers decided to make coconut ice cream which turned out pretty well and some more delicious food but unfortunately it was time for them to go already, although they invited me to come and stay in San Pedro, San Jose sometime.  After they left I kept on practicing Spanish and relaxed.  I saw an Armadillo, which was my first since Nicaragua, some Howler Monkeys and I realised that it has been one month since the red tide event.

Also found some new critters running/flying about the lodge today:

What A Weird Hopper (D.Philpot)

A Large Brown Moth (D.Philpot)
Weird-Looking Octopus Jelly Crab (D.Philpot)