• Day 118: Friday April 27th


23:45 Nothing much to say today really, though I'm sure I can easily fill this page.

In the morning after breakfast I read the L's paper on the mammals of this reserve, I didn’t agree with Pacas (similar to Agoutis) being classes as "common" and that Howler Monkeys are sighted "daily" but nevermind.  I also got most of the butterfly species list complete, I plan to finish it off this weekend so I can begin to learn what species are about and make a record of them, meanwhile the Costa Rican ACG group left.  There were loads of lizards around today, many posing for photos for once which makes a change from them scampering off into the undergrowth. 
A Reptilian Friend (D.Philpot)

A Young Ctenosaur (D.Philpot)
 
A Daywalking Moth (D.Philpot)
A Patterned Lizard (D.Philpot)


Later on I did more reading as the other staff here got ready to leave.  The new guy El Tigre fixed the pipes to the showers then I took a shower myself. I then realised I was going to be 'alone' until mid-May so I thought about how I was going to ration the food left over.  I gave both El Tigre and Caballita a hug goodbye, which was actually pretty sad, and they left me in charge of the park.

As normal I continued to check the Pochote seeds (no activity still). Next I ran to the lab to backup this month's photos where I was surprisingly impressed by this 7 megapixel replacement camera I had borrowed.  I watched the Inbetweeners after sunset then after not sleeping saw a Cane Toad with red blood and lots of Beetles everywhere by it? (It was weird, I got a photo of it, which looks quite gross so I'll leave it out, and to this day remain clueless). At this point during the night I remembered about the laundry I had put in and bumped into the largest moth I had ever seen!!! 
Large Moth Scaled By A Biro (D.Philpot)

Hand-Sized Moth (D.Philpot)

A Pretty Dusty Moth (D.Philpot)