• Day 117: Thursday April 26th


18:00 After breakfast I read some more then swept the path where I decided to do some more maintenance on it by removing more of the big rocks. I next discovered in the lab that a cook (Caballo) and Caballita had left more drawings for me. So this time I drew them and 'the family of Cabo Blanco' represented as animals including a bear with a hat, the sweet little daughter as a butterfly upon others - I hoped no offence was taken by any of the drawings.

At lunch we were interrupted (yes, while at the staff bench now) by a Coati then a couple of Ctenosaurs, one of which bit the neck of the other on the tree trunk with the hammock right behind us. The head park guard I came in with on the quad bike yesterday asked me about the dogs seen by themselves, and I told him that I see them pretty regularly wandering into the park by themselves.  I then spoke to my brother and mum on the phone and a Ctenosaur fell out of the tree in front of the window where I stood. The ladies laughed A LOT upon seeing my drawing in the lab.
El Jeffe, The Boss (D.Philpot)
Then Caballita soon left for college and despite people joking it was actually pretty sad to see her off. I also entrusted her with my letter for my nan to post…

I then chased, hid and played about with the daughter, deliberately and narrowly missing her with water, such a cheeky and sweet kid. I did some more reading again, where the new park guard earned a new name El Tigre (the tiger) after deciding to scare me again.  I watched the sunset with the cooks and the daughter.
Another Interesting Bug (D.Philpot)
Working in the lab tonight was not so fun as the mosquitoes were out to bother me. After dinner I got to have some Dos Piños strawberry ice cream for dessert which made a lovely change, then called it an early night but during the night I hit the fan off the bedside table and had a midnight snack for a change.