• Day 116: Wednesday April 25th


12:00 This morning at breakfast I was invited to sit outside on the staff bench, a privilege normally granted much later than the time I'd been here according to ML, allowing me to officially become part of the family.  One of the park guards taught me a bit more Spanish and we shared a few jokes before I checked on the Pochote seed experiment.

Carolina (Caballita!) soon arrived which is always nice as she is one of the few younger people around and is sweet but just as bad or mischievous as the others. I then took a good few hours to write an A4 sized letter to one of my grandmas (nan) in Spanish and then translating the thing on the reverse side, once the two cooks had assisted by reading through and tinkering my Spanish a little.  I also wrote a postcard to one of my aunts too, and a Pizote (Coati) was eating from the organic bin (for scraps) in the kitchen and the shorter cook chased it to scare it away.

I again waited for food after a guy arrived with a crate, I didn't mind and only got bored towards the end. After one of the park guards loaded the crates he offered me a lift on the quad bike (four wheeler), which was a little sketchy going down the entrance path with two people plus a good number of crates strapped to the back and after the 'big hill' we noticed we had a flat tire.

Did some more reading this evening and around sunset the sweet little daughter of one of the cooks showed up. Dinner with us all together was nice, the staff teased me and Caballita, and following dinner the new park guard scared me when I was reading. During the night seed check I layed in some ants and soon regretted that.