• Day 164: Tuesday June 12th



22:30 So last night I discovered that PS must hold the Guinness World Record for the most extreme snoring in the world as we shared a room, was semi-entertaining as I had to throw pillows at him to quiet him up.

The two of us then took a group of students (Ca, Kar, Je, Dw) into San Jose central for errands as well as a tour.  Dw made a hilarious attempted at Spanish saying "I'm just peeing" instead of "I'm just looking" to a member of staff in a store whilst looking around at clothing.  I went and spent the 'contingency money' on some calling cards for the students to use if and when they wanted to call home…

When PS and I returned we watched competitive beach/sand football, which turned out to be far more entertaining in comparison to standard football (or soccer if you're American).  The first lecture on the agenda was statistics with DL which went really well and was a nicer refresher for me also.
Parakeet Feeding On Fruit (D.Philpot)
For dinner I took my own group (Kat, Ma, Da and Ar) in a taxi with a very lovely lady and so I made sure to ask for her number for future cheap and enjoyable taxi rides.  The football was on the TV at this venue and Costa Rica were playing so the bar/restaurant was fairly loud but we had a nice meal regardless. We ordered many different "shakes," all of which were pretty weird… they were made with oats and were very dry, especially as everyone tried to order one that was refreshing.                

The one thing at this meal that deserves mention was this incredible waitress who remembered orders just using her head, I have never known anyone to literally remember a table of 5's orders with drinks, as my initial impression of her was that she appeared quite moody.  However after I had an amazing grilled chicken meal and she showed off her skills and spoke with us a little more my opinion soon changed.

Before bed we all shared birthday cake in the roof kitchen diner area.