• Day 162: Sunday June 10th CSU Teaching Assistant Program Start



16:30 Currently laying in Hotel Cacts again which is nice, I think my cold is slowly drifting away and the luxuries of hot showers and warm comfortable rooms are certainly helping.

The early start today was made easier from the massive rest, meal and medicine I had last night.  I had spotted the 'van' outside by my host family's place and so we swiftly climbed aboard and headed to San Jose to prepare for the arrival of the CSU students.
Whale Mural (D.Philpot)

San Jose Observatory Museum (D.Philpot)
When we arrived at the hotel I managed to get myself locked inside the bathroom as the handle was dodgy and there were no large windows to escape from so I had to wait for p-man to help break me out.  We prepared for the arrival of the students as ML went to collect the first of the 3 girls from the airport.  We then visited each of our restaurants that we were assigned to take our student groups to, and we also grabbed some Cosechas fresh fruit smoothies (some of the best I've ever had).

In the evening I went to the airport to pick up the third assistant (SL), who p-man or moss man (now on referred to as PS) had met before, along with the first male student to arrive.  It was great to meet SL as she had previously assumed the same role as me in the station at the absolute reserve, and it was a unique experience for me to undertake this role as a teaching assistant welcoming the student to the field course and this beautiful country.