• Day 159: Thursday June 7th



20:30 This morning I found a giant ant that had a huge abdomen.  Spanish went well, I cannot believe how fast these two weeks have passed.  I feel like I have pretty much every word I'll need for now, just need to sit down and learn some more verbs and conjugations.
One Big Ant (D.Philpot)

Fungi Infested Ant? (D.Philpot)
Bat Crossing On The Way To School (D.Philpot)
P-man tricked me by saying that all of us were getting a bus to the Monte Verde cloud forest reserve.  After school WE joined our classmates in a small trip to the reserve where we took photos inside a giant log and some group photos before being attacked by some very angry insects with luminous green eyes (see 5th picture below). They had a long proboscis mouth tube thing that they tried to pierce through our socks and skin - after a little harassment from these guys we ran a little bit.
An Interesting Mite/Spider (D.Philpot)

Standing In A Fallen Tree (D.Philpot)

A Golden Beetle (D.Philpot)

A Metallic Green Beetle (D.Philpot)

Attack Of The Green-Eyed Fly (D.Philpot)
Along the same lines a Beetle landed on one of our classmates so again we told him to stay still in order to take a few photographs.  Before leaving we went to the waterfall at the end of the longest trail in the Monte Verde Reserve, and then I managed to take a lot more hummingbird photos at the Colibri Café.  We collected a sample of moss from the reserve for use with the students and p-man earned the nickname of moss man.
Golden Caterpillar (D.Philpot)

Purple Hummingbird (D.Philpot)

Morpho Butterfly Building (D.Philpot)
Three videos can also be seen of the reserve here: 
Leaving the reserve we walked to get phone signal, got a taxi back to the Spanish school, and then WE went for dinner where I had my first ever burrito - shock horror! while waiting for our classmates to meet us at the Tavern Bar.   
My First Ever Burrito (D.Philpot)

Only one showed as the girl had bumped into her friend returning from Nicaragua, and so I had a couple of rum and orange juices (that was cheaper than beer…) before WE took a taxi back and I slept without doing my homework… umm!