• Day 158: Wednesday June 6th


20:30 School today was fairly average, though I learnt a few more key words and it was reinforced that I should keep on practicing Spanish once I return to the UK… whether that will be possible with my masters degree is another question. We again didn't go over the homework meaning we have a backlog of vocabulary to review at somepoint, and we spent most of the time talking about pets… including my rats!

Afterwards, WE went to the L's house and read over more course materials finalising plans and details. I got to see the Guava throw target sheet completed, where DL had made a funny but rather silly mistake of missing the letter "L" out of the alphabet however we all laughed it off and the target remained impressive.

DL had prepared a mini plant-o-rama for us to refresh our recent knowledge in tropical botany, and I picked up a few things I did not know before.  Right after finishing up and going over a couple of logistics we headed to Rancho Lola (A Tilapia restaurant) with the Guava throw board in "old Betsy" the old African safari truck I described previously. ML told me a story that he had read in Nature magazine about a study into eyespots in sponges, a copy that was published in Spanish and I found easy to read.

After an orientation of the restaurant, envisioning how to go about putting the Guava board to use and then shared a delicious pork dinner together.  Soon I was returned home for homework before bed!