• Day 151: Wednesday May 30th


From this point on anywhere where I write a capital we i.e. WE, refers to p-man and myself.

19:30 I got a good nights sleep without giant Beetles or Horseflies landing on me in the night - or god forbid an Adult Ant Lion! Though in terms of being ready for Spanish I felt tired. When WE got to school we split to each of our classrooms to go over our homework.

The teacher made my classmates and I describe and compare bathrooms, both here in Costa Rica, at home and then at our places here as well! I remember (currently) even what those stupid curtain rings (and pole) are in Spanish - real "essential" learning here…

After more past tense and a bit more brain frying WE had snack as normal. Today my teacher didn’t have to get up as much as before to write words and assist us using the whiteboard.

WE went to a free cooking class which turned out great, and I got a chance to bump into some New Zealand Lattitude Global Volunteering (the organisation that gave me the opportunity to come to Costa Rica) volunteers. The food we made together, including "rice with chicken and squashed fried plantains" was extremely nice however WE had to scoot off early in order to catch our bus.
Cooking Class Prep (D.Philpot)
The Cooking Class (D.Philpot)
WE then met DL, drove around to visit all San Luis families that will be participating in serving as host families to the students coming to Costa Rica for the 7-week CSU program.  As normal I completed my homework and did some reading tonight. 
San Luis Family Rose (D.Philpot)

Tiny San Luis Family Kitten - Tiles About 30cm Length (D.Philpot)

My Favourite Costa Rica Plant (D.Philpot)

A Lovely Flower... (D.Philpot)

Purple Flowers (D.Philpot)

A Dangerous Caterpillar (D.Philpot)

Tan Comparison! (D.Philpot)