• Day 197: Sunday July 15th



22:45 I have just been dive-bombed by a huge "wasp-moth" thing, as well as a large Beetle and another big moth - all flapping about my small room…

Other highlights of the day:
Lots Of People Got Bitten (D.Philpot)

Some People Took A Long Beach Walk (D.Philpot)

Some Species Were Caught Sitting Still (D.Philpot)

And Some New Ones Joined The Roster - Goose Barnacles (D.Philpot)
Today we said goodbye to Oscar and his family in the morning after doing more of the puzzle - in total we had now finished quite a few puzzles, and they are a good way to help the students wind down forgetting the need for needless things like iPhones and Facebook.

Helped in the lab some more… washed out the rain gauge which was now filling regularly… and started work on updating my CV to American format (resume) with the help of the L's.

After dinner we played SL's game called "nouns," which involved 3 rounds first describing your word of choice (under a shared topic e.g. animals), second using only one word to get points for your team and thirdly an acting round - which was by far the funniest. Kat cut my hair following this for me, which I am very appreciative for.