• Day 194: Thursday July 12th



23:30 Mass cleaning was on the agenda today, and I got through a mountain of ziplock bags that needed washing and drying.

I checked on the sick student then everyone noticed that mosquitoes were landing on us during the day as if they are hiding under all the tables now unlike before when they were seen in there thousands bouncing against the lights at night and/or especially during the rains.

After deleting some photos cutting down for the expedition report I headed out to Malpais with the students for internet chores; news from my prospective university is great, England news is terrible (with tons of rain to look forward to upon returning soon), and I discovered that my favourite band had just released a new album!!! as well as lined up a "secret" London gig but has already sold out L I then bought some stuff for DL before buying some mint & chocolate ice-cream and returning to the park with Elias who was as confused as the students were with what the exact plan was.

Upon returning I went snorkelling, even though the low tides are really bad at the moment, where I saw a Turtle feeding by sharktooth rock and many Surgeonfish.

It was a late night for everyone in the lab, I was exhausted again and blacked out soon after putting down this pen to sleep…