• Day 193: Wednesday July 11th



22:00 Today I mostly helped out in the labs again. I promised to help out Je and Em but got caught up finishing off photos and had to explain after lunch… but I did get to help them eventually. Also, whilst walking around today I saw a couple more types of Butterflies though there isn't any time to be running about with a net just now.               
Small Butterfly (D.Philpot)

Another Small One (D.Philpot)

A New Butterfly (D.Philpot)

Golden Patterns (D.Philpot)
After lunch I witnessed two Coatis having a bicker behind the kitchen, they opened their mouths to each other displaying their teeth whilst circling each other before rolling around making the most outrageous noises.  Oh how I missed my favourite animal of Costa Rica!

The berm of sand on the beach in front of the lower Quebrada San Miguel (stream) will apparently soon burst through with the next large rain storm or very soon at least which will be interesting to see given how high it is as I write this.
A Photo Of A Park Regular (D.Philpot)

Another Of My Favourite Species - Decorator Crab (D.Philpot)
This evening we watched a film entitled "Without A Trace" which was alright but it was the type of movie where the end felt like it should be around the middle. A Praying Mantis flew about during it also, swooping down near a lot of people's heads and getting in the way of the film too - I had chose to sit next to Em in the centre also who tends to be a screamer and attract the insects too. ML told me an interesting funny story from army days which I wrote "he's coming for you tonight" in my journal, however I have now sadly forget the details…