• Day 191: Monday July 9th Return to San Miguel



23:00 This morning we woke around 07:00, packed up the house and left behind only some beer cans and a little mess as we were told to leave it for a cleaner apparently.                

I went over to the hotel desk and paid, stating "seperado, y asi $65 si?" (separate and so $65 yes?) and yet the guy charged me for everyones hotel stay. Therefore, I had to ask my parents for some money before being ridiculously overcharged and talked the situation through with DL creating informal I.O.U agreements with everyone on the Caribbean trip to reimburse me as soon as possible. Right before we left we saw another sloth that looked like a bird nest (similar to the sloth sticker I have placed in the back of this journal).
A Bold Sloth Claim (D.Philpot)

Best Seat In The House (D.Philpot)

Ferry Sunsets (D.Philpot)

Ferry Sunset 2 (D.Philpot)

Ferry Sunset 3 (D.Philpot)

Ferry Sunset 4 (D.Philpot)

Caribbean Team! (D.Philpot)
The bus station was kind of quiet, we were happy to have seats this time around but when the bus showed up it turned out that we kind of… didn’t? Therefore I let Kat take the available seat and chose to take a more spacious position on the floor laying between the seats in the aisle, where I was surprisingly comfy. Nothing really happened on this bus journey, it was pretty silent apart from a girl dropping a present. From San Jose SL covered for me Spanish wise in finding directions and we found out what we thought was the new terminal was in fact just that.

On the next bus from the capital back to the biological station we sat close-by and after the ferry shared one last drink in Malpais before finishing off some of the leftover Flor-De-Caña rum, one cannot let this stuff go to waste. We took some final group photos together and then met Elias in the rain (the ground was dry once in the park though). Back in San Miguel it was fantastic to catch up with everyone and share our stories and experiences.  Our group was one of the last to return, and after ~14 hours of travel happily accepted the welcoming back to the comfort and peaceful atmosphere of this station.   

Still no snake in my room, though my light bulb had apparently given up.