• Day 190: Sunday July 8th



18:00 This morning I eventually got the guys up and meanwhile I felt much better. We got to town and Roberto told us it was too stormy to go snorkelling again :-(

So instead we got breakfast, looked around a local farmers market that was on and then we rode back to our house, with Ca sitting in the basket of PS's bike, before returning to hang out about town. My internet session turned my world upside down even more as my nan was now using the internet and some of friends had both gotten engaged and others unexpectedly split-up.

We found a Green and Black Spotted Dart Frog (not its technical name) in the road, then afterwards visited the bank before having a good lunch and returning our bikes… where Ca was quite worried about telling the owner. Then we purchased our return tickets and made plans for tonight - I cannot believe we are leaving this small tranquil paradise so soon. Tonight we went in the pool, shared some drinks and then went out to Cocos bar for a meal and couple more drinks.  I tried a cocktail called a "Cucaracha" or "Cockroach" in Spanish just as it sounded interesting… and what I was given by the waitress was a flaming double shot of coffee liquor as well as a straw to drink it with - loved it! In the night as people fell asleep I saw the perfect opportunity to draw a moustache on Kat with a sharpie marker, some people thought I wouldn’t get to do it but I did and it was excellent! 

Here are a selection of todays photos:
Cahuita Reserve - Beach Park Entrance (D.Philpot)

Do Not Touch The Shells On Display (D.Philpot)

Local Neighbourhood Caiman (D.Philpot)

A Watchful Ghost Crab (D.Philpot)

Looking Down On Us (D.Philpot)

Some Of Us And A Monkey (D.Philpot)

A Rubbish Sign (D.Philpot)

Caribbean Dog (D.Philpot)

Purple Grasshopper (D.Philpot)

Random Lovely Cocktail 1 (D.Philpot)

Flaming Cockroach (Cucharacha) - Cocktail 2 (D.Philpot)

Cocktail 3 (D.Philpot)

Dogs At Our House At Night (D.Philpot)

Local Farmers Market (D.Philpot)

Beautiful Local Artwork (D.Philpot)

Beautiful Painting Of Cahuitas Nature (D.Philpot)

Love With A Halo (D.Philpot)