• Day 185: Tuesday July 3rd


19:30 I just got creamed by Da at a game of slam, clearly the game is catching on with pretty much everyone having played it now. Also getting popular are ants in and around the kitchen, or at least for me apparently as every day since we've been back here I've had them running over my feet - they aren't the bitey-type though so it's not bother.

This morning I gave Je a cappuccino for making birthday cards for PS and SL, then we celebrated both their birthdays with some delicious banana cake. Following that it was a normal day of helping out groups with the various things they needed and answering any of their questions. Also, I was tasked with accumulating all the students photos from the expedition so far ready for sorting and the final expedition report. It was easy to get everyones cameras but most of the 16 had different memory cards, and after staring at the screen for hours in the small air-con lab I was feeling sick by this evening. Whilst sorting these also Dw came in for a laptop and afterwards locked Ma and myself inside (both small AC lab rooms can't be opened from the inside so the doors are propped by rocks) for 10-15 minutes until Ar saved us.

Today was not Kat's day as she was secretly drawn on, two people had learned she always used the same mug for drinks (so kept getting it before her) and a few people had playfights with her. I have to stress she was not bullied, only friends messing around.

Just about to head up to the lab once again, this time to watch Por La Libre (for the free, or dust to dust) again (for me), and I knew it would go down well as it is a great movie, I love it so much!

22:00 Before the movie I first took the most rapid shower, then during the film we got harassed by bugs/spiders, and then at the end a pillow fight broke out before we all met the raving moth at the dorms, which Je and Kat screamed at as it was flicked towards them… it was only a small moth