• Day 184: Monday July 2nd Only one month left :-(



22:45 Today is a very sad day, though it means I have been reflecting on life a lot recently; what I have achieved (generally and whilst here), where to go next and where I want to end up.  Now although I have to unfortunately return to the miserable grey island of England in order to pursue tropical-related higher education, I am happy as I know where to go next and what I will need to accomplish in order to get the most out of England before I move on to somewhere with a slightly warmer and more colourful horizon.
Taking A Break (D.Philpot)
This morning I gave my host family sister Am a cappuccino I received as a gift from home. Ja had caught a small scorpion and made up an aquarium for it in the lab with a cool/funny warning sign that just said something like "caution: scorpion!" Later Ca and I helped Ar catch a young gecko by cornering it behind the lab door at the entrance. I encouraged it to run up the gap in the door, prodded near it using a metre rule stick which made it jump onto the net held by Ca. Almost immediately it again took a leap of faith and I caught it mid-air using lightening reflexes somehow catching it as if my fingers were chop-sticks with my fingertips either side of the young geckos neck - causing it to freeze along with all of us.

I spent the afternoon washing a ton of plasticware though I didn’t mind as it was a million degrees outside today and so I got a free chance to cool down. DL went around and talked to everyone about their "mid-term independent group travel" and we were looking set to pay a visit to the Caribbean, a place called Cahuita, to go diving or snorkelling.  Time to set up a bonfire dinner...
Firestarter (D.Philpot)
In the meantime Am made friends with a Scorpion which she spotted, as she got off the phone to friends or relatives, crawling up her shoulder causing her to freeze.  Someone removed it, though I'm not sure where her "bodyguard" Na was at the time… and back at the students dorm house someone had found some weird bugs that were surrounded by eggs attached to the wooden walls. Nothing else to report.