• Day 183: Sunday July 1st



22:30 Today was a fairly boring day to start of this month, although a lot happened. I helped out assisting in the lab despite students not needing or at least asking for help.
Everyones Relaxed (D.Philpot)

Even Babies Are Making Appearances (D.Philpot)

Very Green Young Ctenosaur (D.Philpot)
One of the students Je did an extended victory dance after beating Ma at a game of Slam during lunch. Following the afternoon snack PS and SL went on the stream hike with the other half of the students that didn’t get to go yesterday. Meanwhile, I helped the fish people catch fish again using nets and the giant Shlurp gun (imagine a giant syringe) with little success. The whole idea would have been easier to do at night I feel. With boredom settling in I placed a bucket on Kat's head and shot water at her using the shlurp gun thing which most people found quite funny - I should note she started this playful war between us off from the moment she started mocking my English accent.
House Wren In The Lodge (D.Philpot)

Harlequins Are Still Around (D.Philpot)

A Small Snake (D.Philpot)

Gnawing Squirrel (D.Philpot)

Omnomnomnom (D.Philpot)
So you see... from the photos above that when I say "boring" what I really mean is "still absolutely incredible" :-)

Once the stream hike people had returned I spotted some Willet (birds) out on the rocks as I walked in to go snorkelling.  Snorkelling was alright, though I started off today's session tired so that didn't help from the outset. Ca and I unintentionally "herded" two Barberfish using our hands and a juvenile Cortez Angelfish together causing them to grunt/click at each other and us. Nothing else really happened but I did see loads of fish today - and really it never does get old even when tired.

For the evening I just helped out in the lab again, watching a crab "attack" one of the captive Sea Cucumbers though nothing else is worth mentioning.