• Day 182: Saturday June 30th


22:10 Because of the late night people didn't roll into breakfast, myself included, until around 08:00, 08:30 or even gone 09:00 so I didn't think about doing anything until 10:00 when there seemed to be time to dig up the Red Tide fish graves I had created in order to retrieve some interesting skulls and other bones.
A Very Orange Butterfly (D.Philpot)
The Barred Pargo and Blue Guineafowl Puffer (fishes) I had buried appear to have somewhat disappeared as despite secretly marking the graves their bodies seem to be illusive just now.  I learned something about grave-digging and about tree roots - more than 2 months or about 3 months was too much time to leave them buried. However with the help of PS and SL we revived the intact jaws of the huge Porcupinefish I buried which were cool to see. After talking to ML I'm doubtful about the puffer although maybe there's hope for the Barred Pargo unless some Black Vultures got to them first somehow.
Cool Porcupinefish Jaws I Salvaged (D.Philpot)
Now pretty much afternoon snack time we had to think about going on a stream hike, so once everyone had gathered we headed off. We walked (through deep leaves), Tarzan-ed on the vine - where I swung into two of the students, created a new swinging vine (Ja's idea), saw way more water than previous hikes and the pool below the waterfall was exceptionally high.  Here people got some shrimp manicures and relaxed for a good half hour.

Upon a late return I went out to work on the data loggers at sea and PS got permission from ML to take a few students out so he was happy to return to the water. When I was done I hung out with them, where I had a "war" and race with Kat before returning for dinner.  We returned for dinner, I somehow fixed my iPod and then we watched a movie called Fresa y Chocolat (Strawberry and chocolate).