• Day 181: Friday June 29th



00:00 This morning more groups met with the guest from CSU to discuss their research projects and then they all pursued to tidy the lab as well as try to round off their data collection.

I made sure the dorm rooms were tidy, grabbed some black bin bags, some duct tape and upon returning there was a large group of Howler Monkeys close to the ground for the students - these simple moments will never cease to melt the hearts of onlookers.
Bunch Of Howlers (D.Philpot)
Soon after an early lunch we departed to Malpais surf camp with our coded luggage and shortly walked into town with the students. I spent a little time online, then got 2 double scoop ice cream cones before sitting on the beach acting as a lifeguard for the students. Some of us then had a Frisbee game and then we returned for dinner at around 17:30.

I got my first proper Piña Colada, played PS at table tennis and sucked terribly and then had one of the unique avocado bacon cheese (ABC) burgers which was ok.  I was called to assist the hermit crab team in collecting some more samples out on the beach here by the town where we hypothesised there would be more disturbance and fewer larger/angrier hermit crabs.  When I returned I got creamed in a game of Pool with Elias the driver who was an absolute pro though I was also playing terribly. Not such a good night I feel, though returning in Elias' truck under the moonlight with Adrie, Ca, Kat and Al was cool feeling a little Jurassic Park like.
Jurassic Park Look In Sudden Rain (D.Philpot)