• Day 180: Thursday June 28th



13:45 So I woke only about 1 hour ago, decided after my alarm went off to skip breakfast as well as snack as I presumed it wouldn't be so good today (and was luckily right). I have just taken a shower and am now back in the game.

23:00 I helped out in the Hermit Crab Olympics (the 100 cm event) with Adria and then took photos of Ca doing the hermit crab pull event to test their strength.  The other hermit crab team looking at size and shell selection found a pregnant hermit crab bearing eggs so I got photos of her too, as well as the sea cucumbers again.
Beautiful Coloured Crab (D.Philpot)

Released Pregnant Female (D.Philpot)

Clutching Hermit Crab Eggs (D.Philpot)
Following afternoon snack I sat in one of the new hammocks and saw a female Manakin (bird) whilst the rest of the fish people went out for fish observations.

Dinner was incredible today, the cooks gave me some chocolate cake from the administrators party they had attended on the East side of the park in the other station. I drew again with Kat before introducing people to the card game called Slam (different to Spit, and Kat earned the nickname k-tard). Adrie and Adria had ganged up on me during some matches but it was all fun and games. I saw Ca getting his hair cut by Kat, then we staff discussed plans for the Malpais trip tomorrow - quite exciting unlike this relatively boring day.