• Day 175: Saturday June 23rd



02:30 Oh my, what a day. First of all we had an interesting lecture on insect, then the students found samples in 40 minutes and we then completed the first ever insect-o-rama sorting inverts into similar looking groups. We saw a really cool leaf moth in the lab. My group wore surgical masks whilst collecting insects - in my group was Na, Ja, Da and Kat. An Anteater was also spotted:
Fishing In Coconuts (D.Philpot)

Just Exploring The Trees (D.Philpot)

A New Yellow Butterfly (D.Philpot)

A Cool Dragonfly (D.Philpot)

An Alien Creature (D.Philpot)

Insect Diversity 1 (D.Philpot)

Insect Diversity 2 (D.Philpot)

Golden Green Beetle (D.Philpot)

Golden Green Underside Too (D.Philpot)
Next we had an "optional snorkel," which of course everyone wanted to do, and so I took the so-called "beginner" group out only to find they naturals. I taught one girl (An) how to duck-dive to swim at depth among the fish and do some underwater rolls just for fun after ditching her life vest.
Chameleon Wrasse (D.Philpot)
After lunch they split into research groups as we guided and advised if their chosen research project was feasible. At dinner we had a quiz again, I sorted my photos, got equipment ready for one of the groups and got electrocuted whilst setting up a sheet with lights to attract insects. From 10:30pm - 12:00 I helped dispatch fish traps, placing them in rockpools in attempt of catching Blennies (fish).  We got a half hour break from midnight, and then collected them 12:30 - 02:00 where we got fishes!