• Day 174: Friday June 22nd


21:00 Today PS and I joined the TA club of showing students what not to do - SL was previously dubbed a "fun nazi" by former students. The lab lecture this morning was on habitat mapping with a focus on forestry.  PS forgot his rain gear so dressed in a couple of black bags. Before the class I raked some of the path in my shorts and so when it came to the actual physical forest mapping of 50x30 metres I was bitten to death by some small black flies.
My Indiana Jones Walk (D.Philpot)
This became apparent during lunch when I called home and saw my polka dot pink legs. The students returned from Playa Balsitas and then we had quiz number 4.

The afternoon lecture was statistics using the bus/forest data, where at snack time we all got attacked by these pastries which had boiling pineapple jam on the inside - DL threw her juice on the floor.

After dinner we had the first movie night, we watched "Nueva Reinas" or nine queens which was a great hit with the students and a brilliant film which I added to my list.

I didn’t really sleep tonight as both my legs were seriously itching and driving me crazy.