• Day 208: Thursday July 26th The Final Week



So this is it, around my 31st and final week in Costa Rica…

21:30 I saw Je again during the night and got to say goodbye once more. After a good lie-in us TA's hit the town for shopping errands. I bought some more gifts for my family, or at least those I hadn't already got something for. These included imperial t-shirts, a pen, pins/broaches, toucan magnet, jewellery box, a lighter, a bag for a friend as well as copious amounts of colourful sheets/tapestries and what I consider to be the finest coffee.

In town we also got Quiznos for lunch, some C-size batteries for DL, some camera memory cards and some more phone calling cards. On the way back we got a strawberry and guanabana (amazing) ice-cream milkshake from Cosechas so it was of course delicious. The cab driver on the ride back took us on a bit of a "tour" which was a little annoying but nevermind he didn’t grossly overcharge us.

I then got to meet the L's grandkids, who I will refer to as H and M, who are lovely people. It was decided then that we should go see a guitarist at the National Theatre of San Jose which was interesting and different, to my own personal choice in music I mean, but I appreciated his talent and meant we could enjoy a great night out in town. I attended wearing shorts and sandals which felt weird considering everyone else was dressed up.

At H's request we got POPS ice-cream before returning to the Lubnan lebanese restaurant where I had a lubnan cocktail…, ate a ton (or tonne) of meat and tried a Turkish coffee also.