• Day 207: Wednesday July 25th End of CSU Expedition Program



22:30 Today was a very sad day… the CSU students left ending this 7-week long program that at this point felt more like 7 hours, even though I have known this group of awesome people longer than any other of the visiting student groups - allowing me to become closer with them.

The Minnesota girls left first, including Am, Da and Kar, where the rest of us students and staff all joined hands to form a "tunnel of love" for them to walk through out of the hotel doors. It was especially emotional afterwards...

Between that group leaving I went about and got the rest of everyones contact details and thank you messages written in the back of my journal with previous groups, staff, contacts etc. I also collected some information ready to prepare the course book (the CSU expedition report) before taking a short nap.

At 12:00 noon Ma left in a taxi along with Je, who was to meet her visiting family. I did some internet and computer chores whilst PS and SL went to buy some Subway. 

After lunch the bus showed to collect the rest of the students and we had to say goodbye to everyone, though I am sure not for the last time. To skip over the emotional feelings, following their departure it was very quiet and felt as if we had only sent the students out for lunch or something. After a break and a few more chores we went out to the dim sum Chinese restaurant again which wasn’t as good as before (perhaps due to absence of company) yet still quite nice however I was practically asleep as well…