• Day 205: Monday July 23rd



08:30 Last night what with packing I only got around 2 hours sleep in the end. At 3 or 4am I was standing on bathroom scales with my suitcases feeling surprised but happy that my cases were under the limit. The plan was to take my luggage to Hotel Cacts in San Jose with the students now to make my actual departure from the park much easier… although the work "easy" does not come to mind.

I am really hoping that everything from here on out with my luggage and flights goes smoothly.

At 06:15 I stumbled out of bed and, after breakfast, found I could have easily slept until 7. At 07:15 we walked to meet Elias, then walked out to the bus.

I sat next to An and Je, and DL announced that we were to make up our own custom sighting list choosing one thing each. En-route to San Jose we stopped off at a bridge, near Carar National Park, at Rio Grande de Tarcoles to watch huge American Crocodiles below. These magnificent creatures were around 12 foot in length though appeared deceivingly small from high above, and seemed to hold such grace yet extreme power with their simple movements. 
 
American Crocodiles (D.Philpot)


Such A Surreal Sight (D.Philpot)

Just Me And Some Gators (D.Philpot)

Whilst here we stocked up on snacks and I got this photo in the head of a somewhat lifelike one:
Almost Swallowed Whole (D.Philpot)

Sleepy Gator (D.Philpot)

Angry Gator (D.Philpot)
I stored my suitcases at the hotel, then we all met upstairs for the secret pizza delivery to arrive before speaking to ML and heading to bed.