• Day 200: Wednesday July 18th



19:00 Na and Em were happy with my purchases for them, so once I had checked they were happy I decided to tidy my room a bit for once during a storm which managed to break through the beach berm (sand pile). It was so surreal to see a raging river where there was previously a larger pile of sand at the end of a steam since I arrived here in January. The torrent of water was very powerful, causing a plume of sediment to wash out over the entire lagoon, and it was interesting to be able to see all the interesting rock formations below what was sand around the stream bed.
Raging Stream (D.Philpot)

Height Of Sandbank Washed Away (D.Philpot)

It Started As A Trickle (D.Philpot)

Beach Before... (D.Philpot)

Stream Sandbank Before... (D.Philpot)
Stream Before... (D.Philpot)

Once Completely Dry (D.Philpot)
Video 1 - River burst
Video 2 - River burst 2

DL and I went to Malpais again to sort out the laptop computer for good, buy some more phone cards and finish off some internet chores. She bought Tritz (incredible sandwich-type ice-creams) for everyone as a treat. Upon return to the park we saw a Deer out in the open and I saw that the no entry sign had finally been moved to the front gate - hopefully this means tourists will be less inclined to enter this Absolute Reserve.
Tritz Ice-Cream Mountain (D.Philpot)

Native Lights A Fire (D.Philpot)
I dossed about in the lab tonight until dinner when I walked back without a flashlight (torch). Ma cut off a chunk of Kat's hair at the lab also so she wasn't in the best of moods. Now I plan to return to lab again… Nothing happened in the lab as I just carried on with my CV for now, and after dinner we all had our Tritz before making a tower out of the containers.